Cockatiels are very cheerful, active and playful as pets and giving them the right diet is not only essential to keep them healthy but also for them to be at a happy disposition at all times. As pet owners, we all know that this is also beneficial for us because their state of happiness is quite contagious. A cheerful bird brings so much joy in our lives.
A companion parrot’s daily diet normally includes seeds, chopped fruits, pellets, greens, soft bread and vegetables. Although healthy enough, aforementioned list is generally calcium-deficient. Cuttlefish bone by SunGrow is good supplement in providing natural calcium and minerals for your cockatoos. This vitamin helps in having good bone formation and blood clotting.
Each of the 2 Cuttlebones are about 6-7″ long. It has an elegant slender shape, lightweight, and chalky. Cuttlebone is the inner shell of the cuttlefish and is not really a bone. It has a natural, grainy texture that when nibbled, it keeps the bird’s beaks trim and sharp. It is also helpful in wearing down overgrown beaks. Since this is 100% natural, it is very safe even on your cockatiels who are laying eggs. They need this calcium supplement more in order to produce healthy eggs.
For a healthier and more fun cage entertainment, complement this product with Bird Chewing Toys and Rope Perch.
- ✔EXCELLENT SOURCE OF CALCIUM AND MINERALS — In order for cockatiels to have good bone formation and blood clotting, they need to have good enough supply of calcium. A bird’s diet is naturally calcium-deficient, Cuttlefish bone for Cockatiels by SunGrow is an important supplement to provide necessary minerals and calcium. It also contains trace elements which when birds molt their feathers, the new ones will be more beautiful and stronger.
- ✔SAFE AND ALL NATURAL — A cuttlebone is the inner shell of a squid-like cephalopod called cuttlefish and not really a bone. 100% natural, it doesn’t contain toxins and contaminants and proven to be very safe for birds to consume.
- ✔SUPPORTS AND PROMOTES STRONG BEAKS –This 2-pack cuttlebones containing 3 pcs each will help improve companion parrot’s beak health. Its grainy texture aids in wearing down overgrown beaks and help keeps them trimmed and sharp. Having an overgrown beak can actually endanger your cockatiel as it can make eating difficult for them which can lead to malnutrition. It is greatly recommended to have cuttlebones inside the cage to avoid this fatal situation.
- ✔GOOD FOR FEMALE COCKATIELS WHO ARE PRODUCING EGGS — Additional calcium is needed for female cockatiels who are producing eggs to produce a solid hard egg shell. The lack of calcium may result to serious health risk called egg binding. This condition happens when egg does not pass through a reproductive system at a normal rate. As prevention is always better than cure, make sure to always provide the calcium-enriched cuttlebone to increase calcium levels.
- ✔PROVIDES CAGE ENTERTAINMENT — When placed inside the cage, these cuttlebones will not just be eaten, you will be entertained on how your companion parrots will play, climb over, and sometimes use them as perch to sleep on.